"Professional Personal Service"
THREE EASY STEPS TO GET HELP WITH YOUR STRATA PROPERTY:
1) Before you Make an Enquiry
At ACE, we understand that your strata property is a valuable asset that you wish to protect. Living under a body corporate can raise many queries about legal compliance, maintenance, property sales and dispute resolution. That is why we have built a large state-based information bank on strata management.
Before you discuss your issue, you should check the following points:
1) Does the issue involve common property?
* Your issue may be for you to resolve and not involve your body corporate
2) Have you checked the ACE strata management information bank to understand industry practices?
* There may be a misunderstanding about how a matter should be resolved
3) Do you understand the decision-making process of a body corporate?
* Your body corporate manager facilitates the decision-making process and acts on the resolutions of committee and members, in addition to the relevant legislation and state strata institute practices.
The ACE Information Bank endeavours to answer as many questions as you may have about your body corporate, state regulations and industry practice. This is a great place to start to answer any queries or issues you may have. You can also find links to download relevant legislation under "Helpful Links", which is a great reference point.
2) Contact your local ACE Manager
Ace understands that body corporate members are conscious of both management fees and manager ability. The next step is to contact your local ACE manager for a confidential enquiry to discuss your body corporate issue, ACE specialised strata services, or the process of transferring to an ACE manager.
ACE managers are happy to discuss your current situation with your body corporate and provide you with a Management Quote for your next meeting. To get a Management Quote or quote for other strata related services, please contact our head office or simply go to "Contact Us" and enter the state and suburb to find your local ACE strata manager.
3) Contact Head Office
Lastly, if you cannot find a local ACE manager, simply contact our national head office for assistance.
For manager grievance, please write, rather than call, to the ACE head office. Your matter can then be formally received, recorded, and handled. In your letter, provide a brief summary of accounts so that we can analyse the core issues and follow-up on them. Before you write about the manager, please visit our strata information bank first and determine if the issue is really with the law itself, a private property concern, or with another party.
Ace Body Corporate Management is dedicated to providing professional personal service and is here to help all body corporate members Australia-wide.